Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tanglewood Nature Center

I recommend a trip, in any season, to Tanglewood Nature center in located in Elmira NY. It's a hidden gem, tucked way up in the hill country of Coleman ave. There is an amazing facility there which houses and interpretive center, a gift shop, space for parties or conferences, library, and a stunning vantage point at which to view the birds and scenery of the woods.
Here's a note from my niece, who attends the kids camp, and had just gotten back from a class on tracks, scat, and survival:
"dear liz did you know that I went to tanglewood and when I went there I met a new friend and her name is Alexzandara and she is really cool and do you want to know what else I got to hang out with 6 different animals #1 iggwana #2 ferret #3 guinea pig #4 snake #5 bunny rabbit and #6 turtle and I had my own turtle and her name was Raggie and Alexzandara had her own turtle to and his name was Paddles so I had a female turtle and Alexzandara had a male turtle I had alot of fun playing with the animals and after we gpt done playing with the animals we went on a 1 mile hike and we found different tracks and after that we ate lunch in the aditorium and while we were eating lunch we watched the movie bloto and after lunch we went outside I HAD A LOT OF FUN ATTANGLEWOOD I HOPE I CAN GO BACK SOON!!!!"
SINCERELY
Emily
Here are some photos I took on a lovely in between winter and spring season walk.



1 comment:

Jayne said...

I love the leaf close-up pic!